Last Updated May 18th, 2015
The Information We Collect:
“Personal information”, as used in this Policy, is information that specifically identifies an individual, such as an individual´s name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. Personal information also includes information about an individual´s activities, such as information about his or her activity on our Service, and demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when any of this information is linked directly to personal information that identifies that individual. This section describes the personal information and other information we collect on the Service.
• User-Provided Information: When you sign up for the Service, we ask for your first and last name, email address, and gender, and ask you to create a password for your account. Optionally, you may choose to provide a photo and your telephone number. Additionally, either during registration or at other times (such as when you elect to send a Pinnatta Message to a Facebook friend), if you permit us to connect to your Facebook profile, we may collect information from your Facebook profile such as your name, email, gender, birthday, current city, profile picture URL, list of friends, and a device token that uniquely identifies your mobile device. Also, if you sign in to Twitter while using the Service, we collect all information, including personal information, that may be available to us through the Twitter API relating to your Twitter account, including, but not limited to, your Twitter account´s photo, name, last mentions, your followers, and your followers who follow you back. We may also provide you with other opportunities to voluntarily provide personal information to us on the Service, such as through feedback or customer support forms, surveys, user profile functionality, or other means.
• “Automatically Collected” Information: When you launch or use the Service, we automatically collect a variety of information about your mobile device and your use of the Service in log files, such as your IP address, Device ID (as defined below), and operating system, as well as the dates and times you access or use the Service, and actions you engage in using the Service (such as, for example, the types of Pinnatta Messages you send, and who you send them to). This information is gathered for all users. We may also collect and use the Unique Device Identifier (“UDID”) or other device information that uniquely identifies individual mobile devices (collectively, “Device ID”) in order to authenticate the user session. This Device ID functions similarly to a persistent cookie to make it possible to authenticate the user without the need for a password. You can disassociate a Device ID from a user account at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or by uninstalling the App.
• Location Information: The Service may offer features designed to help you share Pinnatta Messages and other content with others based in whole or in part based on your location. The Service may also make suggestions to you, such as suggested Pinnatta Messages, based in whole or in part based on your location. You will be given the opportunity to opt out of location-based Services, normally through an opt-out screen on the App. If you choose to enable location-based Services, we may collect your location based on information provided by you or your mobile device, including, if available, GPS, IP address or cell tower information. If you choose to disable location-based Services, you will not be able to utilize certain features of the Service.
• Invitation Service: We may offer functionality on the Service that allows you to tell a friend about the Service (e.g., functionality that lets you send a Pinnatta Message to the friend and that informs him or her that the Pinnatta Message is waiting for him or her on the Service). If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend who is not a current Pinnatta user about the Service, we will ask you for information needed to send the invitation, such as your friend´s email address,or phone number. We may also offer you the opportunity to invite your friend via third-party services such as Google, Facebook, Messenger, Twitter, WhatsApp, Message+ or Microsoft. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email, SMS message, or other message inviting him or her to try the Service. By providing email addresses or contact information of non-users of the Service you represent that you have the right to do so and that such information may also be provided to the third-party service that you have designated to contact the non-user. We store this information to send this one-time invitation, to register a friend connection if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
• Connections with other Pinnatta Users: The App employs a “Find a Pinnatta Friend” feature that makes it easy for you to connect with contacts in your mobile device´s address book who are also Pinnatta users. On your first use of the Service, the App will send email addresses and phone numbers of users in your mobile device´s address book to our servers to determine if that information matches that of any registered Pinnatta user. The “Find a Pinnatta friend” feature is a mandatory process for all users. If a match is made, we will: (i) provide you with the Pinnatta user name of the other Pinnatta user; and (ii) provide the other Pinnatta user with the Pinnatta user name that you have selected. You and the other user will be able to add each other to your respective Pinnatta contact lists upon submission of a request and after receiving the other party´s approval. Afterwards, you may opt to manually check if any new Pinnatta users are present in your mobile device´s address book. By using the Service, you consent to our use of your email address and phone number as described above in this Section.
The Ways we Use Information: • We use the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Service, and for any other purposes that we may disclose to you at the point at which we request your personal information, and for any other use for which you may provide your consent. We will use your email address or other contact information to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues, or any questions or issues regarding Pinnatta Messages or other content you may publish to, or transmit using, the Service. If you send another user a Pinnatta Message or any other communication through the Service, we may retain that Pinnatta Message or other message and disclose that message to the intended recipient, including identifying you as the sender of the message. We keep track of the Pinnatta Messages you send (including both the category and type of Pinnatta Message, and the specific nature of the Pinnatta Message, such as the title and URL of a video that you send a link to as a Pinnatta Message), but we do not ordinarily scan or otherwise view the content of your Pinnatta Message or other messages except as necessary to facilitate delivery of the Pinnatta Message or other message to its intended recipient on the Service. We do, however, reserve the right (but not the obligation) to review and screen the contents of Pinnatta Messages and other messages, including but not limited to user-entered text, in our discretion.
• We use the location information that you provide or that we collect to provide content and services to you based in whole or in part on your location, such as displaying Pinnatta Messages that we believe may be relevant to you or other users of the Service based in whole or in part on your or their location.
• We may use information that you provide to us or that we collect through the Service, including personal information, to tailor and provide advertising and other content, including suggested Pinnatta Messages, to you more effectively. This includes, for example, displaying suggested Pinnatta Messages offered by third-party sponsors and advertisers that we believe you may be interested in.
• We use the information that you provide or that we collect and/or aggregate, including personal information, to understand and analyze the usage trends, interests, and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Service works and looks, and to create new features, functionality, products, and services.
• We may use your address book or contact list information to make connections to other users, as described above in the section entitled “Connections with other Pinnatta Users.”
• We may use “automatically collected” information to: (a) personalize the Service, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (b) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Service and marketing activities on the Service (including by third parties); (c) monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of users of particular Pinnatta Messages, Pinnatta Messages viewed, Pinnatta Messages accessed, and so forth; and (d) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities that may be offered on the Service from time to time.
When We Disclose Information: • We are not in the business of selling your personal information. We do, however, disclose your personal information and other information about you in a variety of circumstances.
- The Service enables users to communicate in a variety of ways, including through by sending Pinnatta Messages and other communications to other users. Pinnatta Messages are not private, and may be forwarded (and re-forwarded) by their recipients without your knowledge or consent. In addition, any personal information that you voluntarily choose to include in a Pinnatta Message or other message to another user, or in a publicly accessible area on the Service, such as a public profile page, or through posting any other User Materials, will be available to other users who access that content. Once you make your personal information available in this way, it may be collected and used by the recipients or those who can access it in on the Service without restriction.
- We may work with third-party service providers to provide maintenance services, data analysis, service hosting, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your personal information as part of providing their contracted services to us. We require these third-party service providers to agree to only use the personal information we provide them for the purpose for which it was provided.
- We may disclose your information, including personal information, if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (including, but not limited to, U.S. copyright laws) in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity or other legal process.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information, including personal information, as we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Pinnatta and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Service and our other property; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or other persons or entities.
- We make certain automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties, to: (i) comply with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users´ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service. For example, we may inform our advertisers and other third parties that a certain proportion of the Service´s users are female and have sent Pinnatta Messages relating to a certain topic.
Choices and Access: You may, of course, decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we would be unable to provide you many of the features and functionality found on the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing the my account tab through the Service. Additionally, you may request that we delete all information about you that we have received from Facebook by emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that while your changes may be reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, billing and accounting, analytics, and prevention of fraud and abuse.
To protect your privacy and security, we may ask you to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Third-Party Connected Services We permit users with accounts on certain third-party services (including Facebook and Twitter) to log in to such third-party services through our Services. You may permit us to connect our Service to Facebook and Twitter, and may offer you the ability to connect our Service to other authorized third-party services (“Third-Party Connected Services”) in the future. If you connect to our Service through a Third-Party Connected Service, you may be able to send alerts, comments, tweets, and messages on such third-party services, and may publish some of your activities on our Service to the third-party service. In any request for authorization to connect, we may ask you for additional rights or permissions with respect to Third-Party Connected Services and information, including personal information, that we obtain from them. Any personal information you provide on or to any Third-Party Connected Service is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party´s policies governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the sharing, posting, commenting, or other content and information-gathering practices on any Third-Party Connected Services. Please review their terms of service and privacy policies carefully before using any Third-Party Connected Services and connecting to our Service.
By connecting to any Third-Party Connected Services in connection with our Service, you permit us to access and use all information related to your account on the Third-Party Connected Service that may be accessible to us through the any Third-Party Connected Service pursuant to this Policy. To limit or control the information that is available to us through any such Third-Party Connected Service, or to disconnect any Third-Party Connected Service from our Service, you should check (and, if applicable, modify) the applicable settings on the Third-Party Connected Service.
Links: The Service may contain links to other Web sites, products, or services that we do not own or operate. For example, Pinnatta Messages or other content on the Service may contain links to third-party merchants from which you may make purchases. If you choose to visit or use any third-party products or services, please be aware that this Policy will not apply to your activities or any information you disclose while using third-party products or services or otherwise interacting with third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party websites and services. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies applicable to any Web site or service you visit other than the Services before providing any personal information on them.
Our Commitment to Children´s Privacy: Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Service is directed to persons under 13. If we learn that personal information of children under the age of 13 has been collected on the Service without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child´s personal information from its systems.
Data Security: We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards in an effort to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of personal information, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. Please be aware, however, that this is not a guarantee that such personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
International Visitors: The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you nonetheless choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States and by providing your personal information on the Service you consent to that transfer.
In the Event of Merger or Sale: In the event that all or a portion of Pinnatta or its assets is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users, including personal information, in connection with such merger, reorganization, recapitalization, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Changes and Updates to this Policy: We may occasionally update this Policy. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date at the beginning of the Policy. Your continued use of the Service after a revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the then-current version of the Policy. If we change this Policy in a manner that is materially less restrictive of our use or disclosure of your personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of the change and to obtain your consent prior to applying the change to any personal information that we collected from you prior to the date the change becomes effective. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, message you through the Service, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after such material changes are made. Material changes to this Policy will be effective upon the earlier of (i) your first use of the Service with actual knowledge of such change, or (ii) 30 days from providing you notice of such change. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we collect, use, and disclose information.
Pinnatta and Pinnatta Contact Information: Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, our third party disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email: email@example.com